Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New scope time!

banner001

:headbang:Skywatcher 250PX:headbang:

Arrived a few hours ago in the howling wind.

Arrived in two boxes:

DSCF5008.jpg

Unpacking:

DSCF5009.jpg

Assembly of the base:

DSCF5011.jpg

And finally putting the completed OTA on:

DSCF5012.jpg

Then i hid it (behind a plant) as i'd not told the wife that i'd bought it :)

Looking like it might be an alright night...just gotta hope this wind dies down a bit :p

:headbang:Skywatcher 250PX:headbang:

Then i hid it (behind a plant) as i'd not told the missus that i'd bought it :)

Lol as long as your missus does not think its a new plantpot.

I have snuck EP's and small stuff into the house but never a big dob :p

Good luck with your new optics :p

oh she gave me "the look", she gave me the same look when i told her i was thinking of buying it, i have been saving for it, so now its a trip to town to pay in the money :)

i hope its a step-up from old pain and suffering (the 4.5" reflector that i have) haha. now to start an EP collection etc. but on the plus side I HAVE A NEW JOB! no longer am i an unemployed doctor, i am now employed...at least for 9 months, so i will be moving to warwick uni on monday...hopefully i can take the scope, but i know it will be more light polluted that where i currently am, so i might leave it here for weekend viewing (my wife is not coming with me, she will stay here, which is a **** situation but we can save more cash that way as we both have jobs).

Nice scope, Hope you get some clear skies.

Congrats on the new job.

its clear, no clouds on the horizon, no wind...looking good, im going to go nebulae hunting tonight.

have cracked open some Oban 14 year old malt, gonna drink heaven under the stars :)

things looking very nice, have come in as the missus was getting needy...

got everything lined up, really need a telrad although for now the red dot will do. got the finderscope lined up spot on in the middle...so thats good. the scope needs collimating, next purchase will be a laser to go alongside my cheshire, i can tell that both the secondary and primary are slightly off by eye.

M13 looked stunning, much more detail, even out of collimation i was resolving loads of stars around the edge and in the middle, M3 looked nice, but will benefit from collimation a lot.

for the first time when i look down the eyepiece, stars give off the 4 pronged look you see in photos...dont know if thats a good thing - any help? at 60x mag i only get it on bright stars 1-2 mag.

but massive surprise managed to see 6 moons orbiting saturn, plus a bit of cloud banding and ring shadow. no cassini division, that will happen when its sharpened up a bit...but 6 moons, most i got before was titan :)...and looking at stellarium im pretty sure i saw mimas as well to make it 7...but not clearly.

to buy soon:-

laser collimator

telrad

8-10mm good EP

UHC filter

more malt :p

also need to buy a remington 700p to shoot out the street lights :p

Archived