Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone further north who can tell us if there's clear sky behind this cloud?

rocketandroll

So...

Here in Suffolk we now have the lovely big swathe of cloud sweeping across us... looks from the satelite like it's clear behind it, and should pass us by about 11:00pm.

I'm wondering whether it's worth waiting up or not? Is anyone further north and west, Lincs maybe, able to tell us what's behind it? More cloud?

Ben

Looks like there's a small patch of hazy sky over the Irish Sea and south west wales at the moment, but given the winds right now there's no telling where that will end up and truth be told it doesn't look that great anyhow. Close behind there seems to be a huge patch of cloud, but I'd guess that's not going to get here until the early hours.

Don't think I'll bother getting the scope out.

They are still playing cricket on the pitch next door though. Must be hard work bowling into the wind.

James

Yeah... my site at work where I image from is nice and sheltered... though it's not looking great, and I'm pretty tired... might give up on it and make tomorrow a good one... forecast is pretty good for tomorrow evening.

Cheers all

Ben

PS: And no, that satelite imagery site is great... I was using Met office's satelite pics, but those are only updated hourly. Cheers for that!

After the wind and the rain it does seem to have settled down now, quite clear working tomorrow tho.

Yeah, I gave up and went to bed about 11, couldn't be bothered to wait up to be honest...

Looks good for tonight though... keeping fingers crossed for a marathon session... might even have a first stab at Andromeda as I have a great view north (below the natural horizon) from my new imaging site.... so should be able to actually start getting it from about 1:00am onwards.

Will see what the conditions are like near the horizon :-)

Ben

Archived