Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Telescope availability

Orders for Skywatcher telescopes are are still out-stripping supply so we thought this snapshot of the current stock situation might help those considering a purchase or waiting on a backorder. (If you have an order at another dealer then this list might be relevant but please don't rely on it, check with your dealer as their situation might be different to ours).

We are doing everything possible to obtain stock but the situation is largely beyond our control and we fear it will be some time before things return to normal. Thank-you for your patience.

Skyliner 200p : at docks so will be available from w/e 20/5

Explorer 200p EQ5 : due in later this week

Explorer 150p EQ3-2 : due next week

Explorer 130p SupaTrak Auto : due end of June

Startravel 80 OTA : in stock

Explorer 130p : due next week

Explorer 130m : due June/July

Skyliner 150p : due end May

Explorer 150pl EQ3-2 : due next week

Explorer 130 : due next week

Explorer 130p AZ GOTO : due mid/end May

Skyhawk 1145p : due May/June

Skymax 127 AZ GOTO : back-orders are currently being processed - more due in next week

Skymax 127 Supatrak : limited stock but more due in June

Heritage 130p Flextube : in stock

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any particular reason for the shortages Steve?
The Brian Cox effect.

And i would expect that historically the Summer is a quiet time so the Factories are possibly geared up for other products at the moment building stocks for the Autumn.

Lead times i would expect would be months ahead normally.

what about the skyliner 250PX's?

Skyliner 250p Dobsonians are due next week.

Skyliner 250p Flextube Dobsonians are due 2-3 weeks.

Skyliner 250p Flextube Auto Dobsonians are due 2-3 weeks.

Skyliner 250p Flextube GOTO Dobsonians are in stock.

Since the 200pds OTA isn't listed I assume that they are in stock?

The Explorer 200p DS will be back in stock sometime next week (the list shows our fifteen bestselling Skywatcher telescopes).

Any particular reason for the shortages Steve?
The Brian Cox effect.

Yes, it is the Brian Cox affect. His Stargazing Live series produced a surge of enquiries and orders that depleted stocks. The importer/distributors and retailers did not anticipate the affect so were unprepared and they/we under estimated how long it would last. To be fair we have never seen anything quite like this before. The affect is pretty-much over now but stock is still in short supply.

I have attached the latest chart showing the affect his programs have had on visitor numbers to our website.

Steve

post-12699-133877602653_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the chart, Steve. That's very interesting indeed and thanks for the stock updates.

I'm contemplating either waiting for the Quattro f/4 newts or picking up a PDS fairly soon from you.

Do you stock telescope parts and "spares" at all? (e.g. secondary mirrors)

Best,

Mike

After much deliberation I have just ordered my first ever scope, a 1145p from FLO last week...:D

Any further updates about this particular model...;)

Thanks.......:o

After much deliberation I have just ordered my first ever scope, a 1145p from FLO last week...;)

Any further updates about this particular model...:eek:

Thanks.......;)

Unfortunately the ETA is still early-June.

Thank-you for your patience.

Archived