Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just ordered these (thoughts please)..

I bought something similar when I was first thinking about getting a telescope. A pair of 10x50s seemed a good compromise before spending a lot more money on a telescope, mount etc... Used them for stargazing for a year, and still use them now.

Looks a good deal - enjoy yourself :D

Phew..

Thanks for the advice.

I want to get into Astrophotography but know how expensive it is. I am gonna order the mount in the next few days and buy each of the other bits as I can afford it.

So with that in mind I thought a set of binos could help get me started while I am waiting to set up my imaging rig..

Do I need a tripod or anything else to get me started with the bins ?

Andy

Nah! not with 10x50's unless your arms are extremely weak.

Regards Steve

Thanks Steve.

I am like a kid at xmas now waiting for them to arrive.

I have also ordered a few books as well (so hopefully wont get lost up there)

Andy

Ordered this set a few weeks back, there just about ok for 10x50's but have used some better ones for much the same money, mind you the other kit that comes with them helps and is good for any beginner :D

Ordered this set a few weeks back, their just about ok for 10x50's but have used some better ones for much the same money, mind you the other kit that comes with them helps and is good for any beginner :D

Well as long as they last me for a few months I should be ok :)

Andy

Thats the Starter Pack I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I'm happy with the Binoculars. The idea is to use these to learn the sky and then move into a telescope when I know what I'm doing.

Whats the books you've ordered. There are so many out there to choose from.

Cheers

Stevo

Thats the Starter Pack I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I'm happy with the Binoculars. The idea is to use these to learn the sky and then move into a telescope when I know what I'm doing.

Whats the books you've ordered. There are so many out there to choose from.

Cheers

Stevo

Hiya Stevo,

I oredered "Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders: From Novice to Master Observer"

and also

"Turn Left at Orion: A Hundred Night Sky Objects to See in a Small Telescope - and How to Find Them"

Hopefully should set me out on the right path :)

Andy

Andy - I think you have made a good purchase which will allow you to 'get to know the night's sky'. The binos will allow you to view some interested and bright DSOs.

The two books are very good and will continue to be useful as your knowlege and (maybe) equipment improves.

Mark

Nice one - are you using a tripod and mount, or just handheld??

Just Handheld but think I may get an adapator and tripod them. Image was a little ummm wobbly lol.

Andy

Andy congratulations on your gear which will allow you to move in the right direction - the only way is up. The trick is always to buy gear that you can use for the longer term. So for example, any type of finder you might buy for an existing scope will always be useful for the next one you buy. I noticed that you are saving up for an appropriate imaging mount which is the way to go, buy correctly for the longer term and you only need buy once. The worst thing is getting caught up in the buy now, resell later cycle which wastes your money.

Hope you have fun with your new equipment and books! Did the starter kit contain any cloud filters by chance?:D:D

Clear skies

James

Andy congratulations on your gear which will allow you to move in the right direction - the only way is up. The trick is always to buy gear that you can use for the longer term. So for example, any type of finder you might buy for an existing scope will always be useful for the next one you buy. I noticed that you are saving up for an appropriate imaging mount which is the way to go, buy correctly for the longer term and you only need buy once. The worst thing is getting caught up in the buy now, resell later cycle which wastes your money.

Hope you have fun with your new equipment and books! Did the starter kit contain any cloud filters by chance?:D:D

Clear skies

James

I have my Heq5 pro :( Arrived yesterday.

I now have to wait 3 weeks for my Ed80 to arrive.

The bins will keep me going untill the kit arrives :o

Cloud filters would be nice :p:headbang:

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived