Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HELP PLEASE! Star parties for a poor man

spaceboy

I was wondering if the Army and Navy Surplus Stores would be a good source for camping equipment as their tents and everything must be suitable for all year round conditions.

Well the Navy tents would certainly be waterproof :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the tent i got for £70 from the bay

45281d1288352579-glamping-wusses-tent.jpg

it has a in and outside layer, plus seperated bedrooms

Just keep a good eye open and do some research :)

The inflatable 3 piece and central heating was extra! :icon_eek:

Look at the poor dob outside all by itself while their living it up :icon_eek:

If I'm right and that was Wisbech last year the dob didn't even get a look through - poor thing.

My dob at least got to share my tent (as I left the wife and kids at home :) )

I'm loving that sofa!! I've got to find me one of those. All you need is a 55" flat screen or is that in the other room.haha. You could mount the satellite dish on the end of that dob.

I'm loving that sofa!! I've got to find me one of those. All you need is a 55" flat screen or is that in the other room.haha. You could mount the satellite dish on the end of that dob.

OR you could download movies onto an iPhone and use the dob to watch it 3.5" at 200x magnification :)

• 1 month later...

I haven't a all seasons tent, but I do have a £10 electric fan heater, so leccy hookup and a RCD is what keeps me warm and dry. If the weather is so foul the tent cannot stand it it will mean sleeping in the car.... or a late arrival.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a nice tent for just £55. (1500mm head = two seasons rating). It's done fine so far.

A double air bed only costs a few quid. I don't bother with a sleeping bag.

Two king size quilts (one underneath, one on top) + blanket + hot water bottle and you should be fine. I also have a memory foam mattress and thermals for the super-snug feeling.

Setting up a camping rig, even a basic one, isn't particularly cheap. However, it's much cheaper than a week's stay in a B+B and you'll have it for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
spaceboy, hows the camping shopping coming on?

an important point to note, all being well we will be up most of the night and trying to sleep during daylight, tents will warm up in sunlight

Or cool down in the rain :)

Got most of the kit together now. A mixture of pound land, go-outdoors and towsure. How well it will perform in the cold of October is a concern but hey what can you do? It was looking like a cardboard box at one point. :smiley:

Make sure you have plenty red lights (dim ones) for probing around in the dark, and a mat for insulation under your bedding. You can also put newspaper under the sleeping bag for extra insulation if you're on the floor - it does work lol :smiley:

Archived