Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EM spaceship drive.

wheresthetorch?

It would be fantastic if there is something to this, but please bear in mind the measured forces are a few micro-newtons, close to the detection limit of the equipment. In the latest test it continued producing a force after it was turned off for a while, which is a little suspicious. If i was to place a bet it would be on experimental error.

It merits more investigation as in the unlikely event there is some unknown physics at play then the payoff would be very large, but talk of going to Pluto or Alpha Centauri is very premature. The papers and news outlets are in the business of shifting copy, and have been hyping this and the similar Cannae Drive to the heavens (literally) for a while now.

I never, ever trust mainstream news journalists for science information. This article is a prime example. "We can neither confirm or deny" is twisted onto 4 days to the Moon with added "plucky British invention".

It's sensationalist, designed to grab headlines and destined to be tomorrow's chip wrapper.

Reminds me of something I saw in New Scientist a few years back. Relied on obscure relativistic effects as I recall, the kicker being that the predicted thrust reduced as the velocity of the "motor" increased.

I'll believe it when I see it working and actually propelling something.

You know what they say in relation to scams, "If something sounds to good to be true..."?

Well I popped two microwaves in a box out in the yard on a sunny day and hooked up one of those caravan solar panels to it. Didn't budge an inch in any direction......  nothing rattled inside either.... typical press nonsense..... :grin: :grin:

Archived