Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HA Pelican

Steve 1962

I've been umming and ahhing about how to achieve a larger field of view than my current setup of a Tak 106 and the lovely Atik 460.

I was thinking about wrecking my relationship with Mrs L by going for a QSI683, but decided instead to add a 0.73 reducer to the Tak. This passed muster with Mrs L because it was an eighth of the cost of the new camera and gives me almost exactly the same frame size and sampling rate as a non-reduced 106 / 683 combination.

I managed to get 2 hours of 15min Ha subs earlier this week before the "winter" arrived with a vengance.

This is the resultant image calibrated with 40 flats, 40 darks and 100 bias frames. It was processed in Pixinsight using Drizzle Integration (x2) for the first time.

post-6387-0-70044600-1437999596_thumb.jp

The full size image is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g333j75a12t4vu7/Pelican%208%20x%20Ha.fit?dl=0

Apart from the frankly pathetic grub screws securing the scope end thread to the reducer, which I've had to adjust and retighten because they came loose;  I'm pretty pleased with the reducer and this result. If you haven't tried Drizzle Integration in PI - give it go. I think it's significantly better than normal Image Integration.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Archived