Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AR2372 animation 30 June 2015

Dave Smith

With an animation it isn't possible to tell if there will be any movement (unless a flare is already happening) and in this case there was not a lot  :sad:

This was 500 frames taken each minute for an hour from about 10:15 BST. I intended to let it run for longer as there was no cloud, but my hard drive filled up  :eek:
Taken with Quark through a Megrez 90 with no FR but the final result has been reduced by 50%.

AR2372-2015-06-30.gif

Dave

Nice animation anyway Dave, on the subject of HD filling up I got bored with this and bought a couple of Seagate 1tb USB3 external drives (other makes are available) £50.00 each from Maplin but probably get them cheaper somewhere.

I now capture directly to them and do all video processing on them then download Tiffs to the laptop HD for processing and save the finished images back to the external folder not only keeps laptop HD free also makes do as backup.

Dave

'Twas worth a punt, David, I love all the movement you can see in these and you sometimes overlook initially, plenty still going on in your movie of a living, breathing sun.

Just get Ewan to tell you when he's taking a movie, biggest flare event I have ever seen! :eek:

Nice animation anyway Dave, on the subject of HD filling up I got bored with this and bought a couple of Seagate 1tb USB3 external drives (other makes are available) £50.00 each from Maplin but probably get them cheaper somewhere.

I now capture directly to them and do all video processing on them then download Tiffs to the laptop HD for processing and save the finished images back to the external folder not only keeps laptop HD free also makes do as backup.

Dave

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. I do already have 3 external HD on my desktop computer. I had forgotten that I was using my camera an nearly full frame and so 60 avis did take up a lot of space. I do regularly transfer data I want to keep but hadn't done so for a while.

Thanks to all for you comments.

Dave

Archived