SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

42mm thread to 48mm thread adapter but where ?

A 42mm male thread to 48mm male thread is all I am after but in the UK if possible.

I have found one on ebay but from China & not until the 16th of next month.

Any help would be fantastic thanks.

I have one of these already but thanks anyway.

Must be something here

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/index.php/language/en/cat/c123_Adapter-to-other-Threads.html

and my experience is that these guys are pretty much just as quick as delivery from UK.

For once they don't have it as far as I could see.

post-11075-0-85350000-1432834660_thumb.j

This is what I am after though, maybe I will end up going with a 48mm to 42 step down then a 42mm joiner of sorts.

Thanks everyone for dropping in & trying to help me out, I think in the long run I will have to buy from China, the main reason it's exactly what is needed & I know everything will fit.

So I will just have to wait 3 weeks for a fully screwed train but it's gotta be worth it.

You could try "Precise Parts" in the USA. They are on the web and if they don't do it I'll be surprised. It takes 10 days to make a part and you can build it on line. Not exactly cheap though.

Derek

I didn't quite expect so many answers, well chuffed thank you everyone.

I bit the bullet & got the lot from China, only as I know they are the correct parts & will turn up together.

This will enable a fully screwed 2" connection inc 2" FR for my Quark.

Really Daystar should address the slightly oversized EP holder for sure, the Q is still a great item to have in your collection & does work at default it's just it could have been better for £50.

Once again great help from you lot much appreciated.

Archived