Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun In White Light 30-7-2014. 06:45 BST

Steve Ward

Bit of a rushed affair this morning , just fifteen minutes passes between the full disc clearing the rooftops and the clouds rolling over .... still managed a set of 100 disc frames , a camera change , re-align , re-focus and four AVIs of the bigger spots ...  :p

Not the prettiest set but a set nevertheless ...  :smiley:

P30-7-14_zpsde08adf9.png

P30-7-14iMerged_zps5a6da65e.png

Full res ... http://www.astrobin.com/full/110316/0/?real=&mod=

1000D + Tal 100RS + 1.4 x Barlow + ND3.8 + OIII.

1/125s @ ISO 200 , 31/100 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp 2.8.

SPC900NC Mono + Tal 100RS + 2 x Barlow + Scopium wedge + Continuum + UV/IR Block.

SharpCap , PIPP , AS!2 , Reg 6 , iMerge.

Day by day album ... http://www.astrobin.com/users/steveward53/

183/211 ...

Lovely shot, Steve :)

I was all set up for an early shoot and would you believe it, the forecast site got it wrong. Forecast of 0% cloud, was in reality, 98%!

Note to self: never believe a forecast site! Throw your lot in with satellite imagery and a toss of the dice :grin:

I just rely on Sat24 these days , today was a pain as it was crystal clear at 06:00 but he doesn't come into view now 'til 06:43 ... all set up ready and watching the grey approaching's a good way of focusing the mind though ...  :grin:

Had a look a while ago but wasn't worth taking up HD space with ...  :rolleyes:

Great timing Steve and a nice end result. I was up early as we were going out for the day, would you believe it, it was really very windy and quite a lot of cloud. In the end there was no point in rushing out and I gave it a try over brekkie, but got nowt. I had to tr at 5:30pm instead.

Robin

Archived