Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun-day in Ha (16/1/14)

DrRobin

Hi,

Saturday was really wet, windy and of course clouded out for most of the day.  Sun-day couldn't have been more different, light winds, not much cloud and no rain.  I managed a 12 pane full disc and a few close ups of a very active sun.

Processing is lagging behind due to sailing in the afternoon and then fiddling with my night time scope.  Close ups to follow.

Robin

Lunt 60 DS, 1.5x barlow, DMK41, 10% of 600 frames per pane in AS!2, 12 panes, Autostich & Paint.net.

Mono

Sun-16-2-14-Auto-b.jpg

False colour

Sun-16-2-14-Auto-c.jpg

Inverted false colour

Sun-16-2-14-Auto-ic.jpg

Thanks David.

And now the close ups.  Mostly taken with a 2x barlow, but the last with a 3x, probably pushing it a bit too much?

Robin

The big filament in the south east

AS_p10_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-16-2-14-Ha-2x

AR1977

AR1980

The south east limb in 3x

AS_p10_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-16-2-14-Ha-3x

Super, smashing, Robin :laugh:

Glad to see you got those magnificent filaproms :laugh:

I was out imaging too but no chance to stack or process yet, too many things to repair that the storms have broken! Still, the poor folks who have had to deal with 100mph winds or floods :eek:

Sorry to hear that you have storm damage Luke, hope it gets sorted soon.  We escaped without anything breaking.  The living room window leaks water in a southerly blow since Xmas, think it is coming from the brick or silicone seal at the top, otherwise no problems and I check daily that my obs is still there and water tight.

Robin

Archived