Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ATIK Beta 2 Release Candidate Drivers & Example App release!

NickK

Almost two months have passed since the Beta 1 release and I've been working behind the scenes on the next driver release.. now with quite a bit of bug fixing :)

Example Application (standalone)

This is a complete, standalone, just use application for your Mac. You'll not need to download or install any drivers - these are already baked into the app.

Please note, as the application is not digitally signed, this means OSX will complain if you have not allowed applications you've not downloaded from the Apple store. To resolve this goto System Preferences > Security & Privacy and on the General Tab select the "Anywhere" option from the "Allow applications downloaded from" section - you will need to unlock using the padlock to change this.

You may have seen the Alpha3 app - youtube but I've recorded my dulcet tones once again as I use the latest release:

Download the example app here: ExampleApplication.zip

With the app, you can use your ATIK camera(s) and EFW2 filter wheel :D

If you have a legacy USB 1.1 camera - please see the additional post below on how to add the FTDI chip id to the application.

Drivers (not required for standalone app)

Next up for the developers in the house.. the drivers and documentation for the new Beta 1 Release Candidate.

Developer's Guide (covers both modern and legacy): ATIKOSXDrivers.pdf

The modern camera drivers: ATIKOSXDrivers.framework.zip

The legacy camera drivers (requires modern drivers): ATIKOSXLegacyDrivers.framework.zip

Some of the fixes include long exposure timing, an issue that caused repeat 4000/11000 exposures to hang. Lots of enhancements including ST4.

Drivers (not required for standalone app)

Next up for the developers in the house.. the drivers and documentation for the new Beta 1 Release Candidate.

Sorry - these are Beta 2.. (so ignore the cut & paste beta 1 comment!)

Hi Nick,

I downloaded the OSX application and I cannot install it. I am told that I need OSX 10.8.0 and I have 10.7.5.

Is it planned to develop this app for earlier versions?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Regards,

Bob.

Hi Rob, thanks for trying that.

Next job is to look at a form of the application for 10.6 32bit which would work on 10.7.x too (regardless of 64/32 bit machine) for the next release now the functionality is settled as supporting older versions can be a bit complicated todo :)

Nick

Thanks Nick,

If you need any testing once you have got something that may work just let me know and I will be happy to give it a go.

I have a Artemis 285 which I would love to be able to use on the Mac.

My machine is a 64bit MacBook Pro early 2009 and has been upgraded to Lion but I still have the Snow Leopard OS on another HD that I can try it out with as well.

Best regards,

Bob.

I'm just setting up the 10.6 32bit environment. I know there will be additional changes (one of the classes in the example app only appears in 10.8 for example), plus 10.6 doesn't use "Clang" - I've been working on this. Although I can't use my i7 MBP for snow leopard, I can use my core 2 duo era mac mini.

As a pre-warning - if the mac mini dies.. it would signal the end of 10.6 support as it won't run on the new macs without severe licence breaking!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just setting up the 10.6 32bit environment. I know there will be additional changes (one of the classes in the example app only appears in 10.8 for example), plus 10.6 doesn't use "Clang" - I've been working on this. Although I can't use my i7 MBP for snow leopard, I can use my core 2 duo era mac mini.

As a pre-warning - if the mac mini dies.. it would signal the end of 10.6 support as it won't run on the new macs without severe licence breaking!

There has been any update regarding this effort? :rolleyes:

There has been any update regarding this effort? :rolleyes:

Yup.. oddly enough I have just been conversing on this - the modern cameras compile, I need to sort out the legacy compilation, test and send it to Craig Stark :)

Archived