Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first go at M66 - Leo Triplet

swag72

Here's my attempt at the Leo Triplet. The processing was a little tricky, as I always struggle to keep much colour in my images. So I would really welcome comments on whether there is anything right / wrong with the processing. I've not posted in the tips & tecniques section as I don't think I necessarily need help with it - I'm just not sure!!

So, taken with my modded 1000D and an astronomik clip filter. A total of 5h 22min of 7 minute subs, including darks and flats. To me the background looks a little wishy washy. If it's got faults - Please do say. When it's your image it can be hard to see the wood from the trees at times!!

post-18339-133877563855_thumb.jpg

There looks to be real good detail in there sara, the only thing wrong is quite a bad green/blue background to the image HTH :)

Edit: Had a litte play hope you dont mind and removed the background colour. Really good detail in all 3 galaxies

post-19540-133877563862_thumb.jpg

Love your last version Sara. I think this is a cracker. Much better now without the green/blue background and less pink in the mix. Well done.

Def agree! Very good rendition. I would be very proud.

Archived