Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HD Video for imaging

TheDove

Hi All,

like lot of the new DSLRs mine can take full 1080p HD video (in 10 minute bursts) - anyone had any experience of how that could be used for imaging ?

Cheers

Sorry Mods I posted this in the newcomers too so apologies for multiple threading - me bad !:D

There is a program out there which allows Canonm Eos to do this even if its not supported officialy, I have used it and it does work.

Thing is though a Webcam with a barlow is jsut that bit simpler really.

Full res of my previous pic is available here:

http://jannis.no-ip.info/astro/1080P-moonstack.jpg

So absolutely works for moon pics, but i still don't think i'll give it another try, as the 640*480 crop gives much more details, and after putting together the small pics you get a much higher resolution pic with a Lot more details.

Compare it with this for example, taken the same day, same scope and camera. only 2 640*480 movies put together.

http://jannis.no-ip.info/astro/full/mosaic.jpg

There is a program out there which allows Canonm Eos to do this even if its not supported officialy, I have used it and it does work.

Thing is though a Webcam with a barlow is jsut that bit simpler really.

The link is not there so we don't which software we are talking about :D

Guylain

Hi all,

This is an image I took with crop movie mode on Canon 550D, hyperion zoom and SW 120 ED about 100 frames converted to avi and stacked in registax. This is one of my first attempts at Saturn with this set up. The image isn't that great (needs more frames) It's just to give you an idea of what can be done with DSLR movie mode.

post-18211-133877555006_thumb.jpg

Carol :D

Hi all,

This is an image I took with crop movie mode on Canon 550D, hyperion zoom and SW 120 ED about 100 frames converted to avi and stacked in registax. This is one of my first attempts at Saturn with this set up. The image isn't that great (needs more frames) It's just to give you an idea of what can be done with DSLR movie mode.

[ATTACH]54862[/ATTACH]

Carol :D

Hi Carol,

It looks like you needed to do the RGB align on that image, if you look up Astronomy Shed on youtube, the chap, Dion, has a video showing you how to use Registax for planetary avi imaging.

Thanks Guys / Gals - looks like it's do-able but maybe a webcam makes things easier.

Some great images too folks !

I'm still trying (trying to see anything that is - bloomin weather!!)

Archived