Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Folding observing chair for bins

I've been looking for a light and portable chair for observing with my bins, although most camping chairs seat you upright (I need to be at a much lower angle to prevent a stiff neck the following day). I wonder what other people are using. Any suggestions would be great.

or how about using a parallelogram on a high tripod

I've just made a small parallelogram mount that can be used sitting down. It's a bit basic but it's a lot more comfortable than observing standing up, or sitting down under just the tripod. It's a lot easier to raise or lower the bins with the p-mount, once counterbalanced it's as light as a feather, than it would be to keep adjusting a chair imo.

DSC_0019.jpg

Thanks for your replies, but I really need something that will collapse down and roll up small so I can put it on the back of my motorbike. The chairs here don't seem quite portable enough.

I use one of these. It's about as portable as you can get but the only trouble is it does have a habit of sinking into soft ground.

Blacks - Eurohike Compact Stools - Buy the Eurohike Compact Stool online today

Don't pay £9.99 for one though. Mine cost £2.99 from a camping store.

Thanks for your replies, but I really need something that will collapse down and roll up small so I can put it on the back of my motorbike. The chairs here don't seem quite portable enough.

The Mac Sports collapsed is approx 115cm long by 20cm diameter. However, I have a couple of cheap Tesco recliners that collapse to 100cm long x 15cm diam.

@MrsR: Rest of the bin set-up options here.

Archived