Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Collection of sunspots from today 30/01/07

geppetto

Very nice! These must be quite recent developments I showed my nephew the sun about two weeks ago and there where only small pair of sunspots showing in the middle.

It takes the Sun about 2 weeks to rotate half way round at the equator, so you could miss the entire thing in that time. Now that it's getting more active, I check it a couple times a week unless there's something there, then I do it more often.

It takes the Sun about 2 weeks to rotate half way round at the equator, so you could miss the entire thing in that time. Now that it's getting more active, I check it a couple times a week unless there's something there, then I do it more often.

Chance would be a fine thing. In Manchester we're lucky if we see the sun (or any star for that matter) more that once a fortnight :rolleyes: blumming Global Warming :wink:

Archived