Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another go at Saturn with the skymax 127

bigal1

Hi all well conditions were a lot better tonight so i was able to get some more Saturn images . I used a Skymax 127mm mak , 2x barlow plus extention tube and an SPC900nc webcam , recorded the avi's with wxastrocapture around 2500 frames stacked @10fps , max gain 60% brightness 85%sat no gamma . After seeing Neil phillips recent image of Saturn with a dark spot i'm wondering if the dark spot thats showing on my pic is the same thing ,

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877541704_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877541708_thumb.jpg

Alan what spec is that netbook my advent 4211c goes a bit spammy when using sharpcap I can see all the desktop through the program.

Jen

The netbook i use is an MSI wind its the first model i think , upto now its been fine but i wish i had got the next model up with a slightly larger screen .

Great results Alan, i'd be happy with them aswell

def some improvement in detail over last images

nice to get dark patch to show aswell

hopefully conditions will improve still further

still think we can both do bit better

what do u think ?

thx for posting

James

Thanks for the comments folks yeh rekon theres plently of room for improvement if the conditions would pickup which i'd say is our main problem , i know this scope is capable of a lot more .

Al, Very good pics - I'm jealous !

How did you manage to get Saturn to focus so well ?

I have a similar set-up so I'd also be interested in seeing the steps you took in post processing. I can't get mine to anything like that clarity. My failings could be the seeing in my area and the fact I'm using alt-az mount but it keeps the image in for a good 2000'ish frames.

I could do with learning a l;ittle from you ! Brilliant work.

Al, Very good pics - I'm jealous !

How did you manage to get Saturn to focus so well ?

I have a similar set-up so I'd also be interested in seeing the steps you took in post processing. I can't get mine to anything like that clarity. My failings could be the seeing in my area and the fact I'm using alt-az mount but it keeps the image in for a good 2000'ish frames.

I could do with learning a l;ittle from you ! Brilliant work.

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have , i'll try my best to answer them .

That's superb. Those Skymax 127's sure are capable of producing some quality results. What altitude was Saturn at the time?

According to stellarium it was 26 degrees , time was around 12am .

Archived