Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

now the learning curve starts, new scope obtained

hi people,

As you may or may not know i have been looking at buying a new scope for sometime and a couple of nights ago the fateful moment happened after i see the damien on this forum had put up his setup for sale it was a sw 200pds with heq5 pro mount with synscan,collimating eyepiece, genuine ortho 7mm ep and a 2" 28mm ep (never seen a 2" ep before and man its big).

Anyway on friday i gave damien a call and the deal was made and 8:30am saturday morning off we went to pick it up got to damiens house and walked into the room and the sight took my breath away what a beast this scope is well impressed.

Damien was kind enough to run through a few things for us and showed us how it all worked and then i got the scope home and set it all up again which didnt take me long to do the initial setting up but now i just need to learn how to use the scope and mount to it full potential and i will not be beaten and look forward to many happy years using this set up.

Just another thank you to damien you are a top bloke and hope things start to look up for you soon.

Here is a pic of me with my new scope....:)

186.jpg

Congrats :) It's amazing how much you feel like a complete beginner with a new mount and scope - too many things to twiddle and get comfortable with!

Ps.. hugging the scope may help with dew prevention (in case the jelious other half asks!!).

cheers nickk,

Just got two question..

1)what are the hole on the dust cap for (you know you got the big cap plus 2 smaller holes one with a removable dust cap)?

2) I cant keep my scope set up on the mount so how do you people store your OTA's i.e in a cupboard on one of it ends?

Anyway the mounts is all set up and awaiting for the OTA and clear skies .

Cheers

Archived