Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first pic of M1

Ransu

Here is my first look to supernova remnant from last evening. Taken with Equinox 120, unmodded canon eos 1000D and Astronomic UHC clip filter. Temperature was on limit, -21. Total time 2h 42min. Mostly 5 and 8min subs. Autoquiding with synguider and sw 80/400 strartravel.

My skills are still poor at image prosessing.

Original size:

m1%20ver2ps.jpg

Cropped version:

m1%20ver2ps%20%E2%80%93%20Kopio.jpg

Edit. Pictures changed, better colour balance now?

Yes, -21C, normal Finnish January-February temperature when sky is clear. Just need enough warm clothes, of course, touching cold metal feels like burn, bigger problem is that toyelectronics dont like temperatures below -15C, you cant read well celestron hand controller, because it's so slow at cold.

I changed pictures, balance was too much blue.

Very nice. I can see colours in the supernova there for sure.

And i agree, -21c is insane, but we who live in this areas don't have any choice. Winter is cold and clear, while from april to october is too bright to see anything at all.

I'm no good with colours at all and probably got the colour balance wrong, but it's absolutely colours in there!

post-22179-133877535076_thumb.jpg

Cracking shot!

I know a Chap who lives near Tampere who sent pictures to me of him doing a WWII re-enactment, sleeping outside with nothing the Finnish army didn't have which wasn't much and he described it as 'chilly'. I think the Finns are made of sterner stuff.

Archived