NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads Up: Halfords chargers

FLO

Ive got the "200" because it also has a power invertor built in (helpful when we go camping).

So now i have 2 .The one that came with the Heq5 pro (not good) and the Hlafords one (much better).

The next step will have to be a 120 amp hour battery at this rate with all the power requirements i now have :)

They do go up in price over the Summer when there is less demand,i remember changing the prices down in October when the store changes to its winter layout.

I suppose the real question is "is it a good price to you" and are you prepared to pay it.?

If you look at the Celestron Power Tank it is priced around £40 but is only a 7 amp hour battery pack as opposed to the Halfords 100 which is a 17 amp hour pack for £10 more.........

Just hope the buyers at Halfords dont read this or there will be a price increase soon :)

The unit arrived this morning, 2 days after ordering :lol: Approx dimensions are 14" x 12" x 4" it weighs about 8lbs. It has 2 (soon to be nail varnished) lights, heavy duty jump leads, an integral 260 psi compressor. There is a battery level indicator, compressor pressure indicator and 4 switches to operate the power on, power out, compressor and lights. There is also a handy internal storage compartment which holds the ac and dc (cigar lighter) chargers and a little bag which contains spare fuses and bulbs (nice) and the adaptors for the compressor. There are 3 12v dc cigar lighter outputs and the blurb says it will run 12v equipment for up to 50 hrs. Initial charging time is 24 - 72 hrs so I cant comment on the performance yet but it is 900 watt output. All in all at £32 delivered I think itd going to be a cracking piece of kit. :)

Archived