Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

For sale section

lookhigh

Better pound the keyboard then :D

You will need to be an active member of the forum for a month as well so don't waste your time making meaningless posts - join in the discussions and the time and posts will soon mount up :evil1:

Edit: typing at the same time Billy !

We like to think SGL has a LOT more to offer than simply a buy and sell site :D

The for sale section is used primarily between regular members, who build up a rapport, and hence a sort of relationship. It is nice to buy from people that you have had discussions with, rather than some who are just out to flog a few bits for quick profit and who might very well be actual traders trying to dodge taxes and stuff by posing as ordinary sellers.

Hope that helps.

Tim

The moderators do keep an eye on posting "habits" and it has been known for batches of meaningless posts to be removed so it's best to try and contribute in a meaningful way to the forum and ask some questions - there is a huge amount of expertise and interesting opinion to be had and all for free !. The "classifieds" section is just a small part of the forum.

The moderators do keep an eye on posting "habits" and it has been known for batches of meaningless posts to be removed so it's best to try and contribute in a meaningful way to the forum and ask some questions - there is a huge amount of expertise and interesting opinion to be had and all for free !. The "classifieds" section is just a small part of the forum.

LOL :D Surprised my post count hasn't been knocked down to 100 the amount of dribble I post :evil1:

BTW : Welcome newbie, tis a great site and if you are interested, then you will have loads of questions anyway.

The Buy And Sell section is a useful resource in many ways, especially when you witness patterns of interest forming around certain types of kit. Clearly the smaller scopes will always keep appearing as people move forward with specific kit needs which isn't always about aperture. I've noticed that certain scopes and mounts hardly ever appear but when they do, because sadly the person selling is under pressure for cash - the rate at which it is then snapped up can be very informative for anyone watching. Likewise, certain eyepieces always seem to appear whilst others are clearly 'keepers' so anyone doing their homework would do well to start their research in that direction. You can get something spectacular appear (usually black with green writing :evil1::D:D) and other times, there can be stuff that you wouldn't think anyone's interested in - but it all goes.

Well it's all very well wittering on about this, I should be over on that section now, I mean someone could be getting shot of some old tatty astrophysics mount! :D

Clear skies

James

Any zoom eyepieces for sale?

Suppose televie ones are hard to get 2nd hand

You will be able to have a look when you reach the criteria mentioned. For now you could always look on the UK Astro BUY & Sell website.

Tele Vue stuff does come up now and then. If it's realistically priced it sometimes hangs around for as long as 30 minutes :D

Archived