Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Welsh Valley Group

valleyman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having looked at some long distance weather forecasts, it would seem the planned date for our meet 4th March is looking a bit grim.

What I am proposing is a meet next Monday which looks pretty good with a high pressure building over the SW of UK.I know this is a bit short notice and some may not be able to make it on a weekday because of work. However the 4th March will stay open incase the weather improves. All a bit grab and go, but hope some of us can make it. Moon will be in last quarter so should not have a porp with moon shine.

Thats correct for the location Mark.

Not had much of a response yet.

But bump this back to the top might help

Weather looks ok with 10% cloud, which is 90% less than what we have had for the last month.

Might get 4 or 5 there, But next Friday is still an option weather permitting

Planning to be there at 1900hrs so can set up while still a bit of light.

Pat

The forcast has been 0 - 1% cloud cover all day so I was all set to go.

Glad you cancelled! I'd have been gutted if I drove all way to Brecon to be met with this blanket of cloud!

They are forcasting 1% cloud cover for Friday already so we'll probably get thunderstorms......

I was looking forward to going this evening but those clouds did not look like moving at all!

Did manage to get out sunday night for the first time in ages :-). Used the telrad for the first time - why didn't I get one earlier!!! Had about an hour in which I had a good look at Orion's sword before bagging M78, C41 and M45 in taurus, M35 in gemini and I split my second double - Castor. Then it started raining.

Archived