Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd Light MN190 : Horsehead Nebula

Catanonia

Ok had a strip down and clean and re-balance of the whole setup on the new MN190.

Tried some Ha, with side by side guidance on ED80 and well, not quite as good as i expected, well guessed as not using my off axis guider.

So managed to get some reasonable subs.

7 x 10 min subs with slight trailing

2 x 20 min sub with some trailing

Had to ditch 2 x 20 min and 5 x 10 min subs due to bad trailing... Not sure what is causing it, I am guessing the location above next doors house, thier heating vent, bushes etc as is a tight fit for me and Orion in my location.

Hopefully balanced them out.

I couldn't believe when the 20 min sub came down. It was the equivalent of a 40min sub on the ED120 when you work out the maths. :). One single sub almost as good as an entire nights worth of stacks :)

Well here she is, a quick process tonight with the moon VERY close to Orion, but I love this scope.

Just sold my Lumicron OAG to a member here, that took about 10 mins after listing, so new OAG (slimline) curtesey of Bern from Modern is on its way to get me back to guiding OAG.

So image

7 x 10 min Ha 8nm subs + 2 x 20 min subs at FL 1000 F5.3 under a close full moon.

Hope you like as much as I do.

Can't wait for a clear new moon :)

post-16631-133877520027_thumb.jpg

Very nice indeed. Impressive considering how close the moon is!! Love this area and i've yet to get to image it....definitely one on the list when i get my hands on ha filter!!

On the second image, are those reflections or dust bunnies?

Very nice indeed. Impressive considering how close the moon is!! Love this area and i've yet to get to image it....definitely one on the list when i get my hands on ha filter!!

On the second image, are those reflections or dust bunnies?

unprocessed dust bunnies mate ; Raw image / sub

Cool, only curious as i've just modded my dslr, got one tiny dust bunny, not quite as big as that, was curious if it was easily processed out ... seems it can be :)

Sweet!! Saves me going internal with the cam again, i'll leave it until i can be bothered lol.

Cool, only curious as i've just modded my dslr, got one tiny dust bunny, not quite as big as that, was curious if it was easily processed out ... seems it can be :)

Sweet!! Saves me going internal with the cam again, i'll leave it until i can be bothered lol.

Flats remove the bunnies and vinegetting. If that fails, a bit or artistic license with CS5 spot healing works wonders :)

I want one! :)

Very nice scope, very nice pic mate. It must be fun wrestling 10kg of mak-newt onto the mount..lol.

mmm, try about 12.5kg etc with all cameras and the works on :)

I am 5'7 and i was frightened lifting it.

Worse still is that the mount has an ED80 and WO66 balanced on it as well :)

Told ya you'd like it Steve :D

Tis a cracking scope mate and not even that fast at F5.3

Can't image what a F4 would be like if it had the same correction and flatness.

I tried a Luminance sub of the Horse with the moon not too far away and even 40 seconds was blowing out the image :evil1:

Archived