Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette nebula in Halpha and a wonderful night

prokyon

Hi folks,

two days ago we had great weather! But the moon was shining. Halpha time :) .

I enjoyed this night very much. Here some impressions:

Strichspur_Mitterdorf.jpg

Mitterdorf_Panorama.jpg

Leo_rising.jpg

Orion_G42.jpg

I spent 5 hours there. I made 19x900s frames with the Moravian G2-8300 through the Pentax75 and Astronomik Halpha filter:

NGC2237.jpg

66%: http://www.prokyon.startime.at/Bilder/NGC2237_66Perc.jpg

Too sad, that I did not have the OIII and SII filters in the internal filter wheel.

Cheers

Werner

Now that is something I like to see more of ! Some wide photos of your sky & environment, your setup, then onto the main target.

For a portable grab & go setup your guiding looks spot-on and you must have spent a lot of time doing polar aligning.

By the way that's a very nice rural area away from the city lights!

Have to agree with above. The Rosette is a nice pic but it pales compared to the widefield images of you, your kit, the night sky and the landscape. Fantastic set of images and i can see why you enjoyed it so much.

Hi folks,

thank you very much for the great feedback! :)

For a portable grab & go setup your guiding looks spot-on and you must have spent a lot of time doing polar aligning.

I have the G-42 with the off axis polfinder. Polar aligning is done within 10 minutes.

Cheers

Werner

Archived