NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi everyone

Porl

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes guys :icon_eek:

I cant tell you much about the lenses so far unfortunetly as it rained all night last night. We've had a good ferret around the lenses and filters though and I must admit from first impressions Im really impressed with the build quality of them. They certainly look and feel the bee's knees. So we're pleased with that so far.

Just struggling waiting to have a go with them properly. I think we'll be driving somewhere away from the rain tomorrow night if its still rubbish weather haha

Porl''

Best of luck with your new eyepieces and be sure to post your findings when you get to use them.

We managed to have a go with our new Celestron 1.25'' eye peices yesterday. It was really windy when the moon was out earlier in the afternoon but we managed to get some viewing of it inbetween the clouds blowing through.

We only managed to try 2 of the eyepeices with the x2 Barlow and we're really impressed with the detail we could see and how sharp the moon looked :D

It also was pretty clear sky in the evening so we gave it another go and again we were impressed with the same lenses again and gave the moon filter a go. That was really useful for relieving some bright light eyestrain from how bright the moon was. :)

We tried to have a peek at jupiter but missed it, it dropped into the nearest town/cities light pollution and low clouds doh!

So thats our next mission, to get some new views of jupiter with the new Plossl's :o

Porl''

Hi Porl welcome to SGL. £2000 for a beginners scope? Blimey :). Seeing Jupiter is great, although it is a little past its best at the moment, but still beautiful to behold. And it won't be too long before Saturn (my personal favourite) is viewable at a reasonable time as well :D.

Archived