NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrodevelopments EQ6 bolts

Astro_Baby

At the risk of provoking more comment on a certain supplier whos recently gone under does anyone know if astrodevelopments are still likley to fill orders for EQ6 replacement bolts ?

I know they were part of the other supplier (or at least advertised along with them).

I am in need of a pair of these for an EQ6.

Well I wouldnt assume that Chris - I was just asking is all. I believe Astrodevelopments were tied in with a certain compnay but dont know what the relationship was so I have no idea if they are around or not - I was only asking the question and hoping someone knows.

I had a response and a PayPal invoice from John Rose at Astro Developments on the 29 Dec 2010. This is well after the other company had gone under I believe so there is probably nothing for me to worry about.

Cheers,

Chris

Just to let people know. I've been in contact with John Rose today and he tells me he is alive, well, working hard and operating Astrodevelopments as normal.

What's not normal is the extra work required at this particular time.

As Jamie rightly says, contact him directly and ask.

Dave.

Well if you find it and you k ow they will fit end be the same I'd be interested.

Most of the ones I found didnt have the round ends to the threaded bolt to prevent the bolt tip mashing up the tongue of the mount or I couldnt find the right combination of thread and length.

My HEQ5 ones were run up as a special as I wanted a shorter bolt on the side near te weights to stop the weights fouling the bolt in some configurations of scope and equipment.

Archived