Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 first try

Earl

Great effort for such little time! Nice colours and detail.

Clouds - tell me about 'em.... thankfully the scope was covered as I was taking darks... when it started to spit with rain!!!! Thank god it's set-up on a scopebuggy....... now taking more darks safely packed away in the garage. So much for a 'clear night'!

With 2 minute subs would it not be possible to do a re-process just for the core detail... then paste that onto this file??

Regards,

Damian

Looking great for your first blast mate, looks like you have your setup running nicely.

If you are looking to get the trapezium stars in without burning out the core, you may well be better off taking a range of lower exposures to capture the stars then use layers in photoshop to bring them out without burning out the core so much.

Cracking image mate, jealous as hell lol, wish I could move home now and get someone less light polluted, seriously taking my heart out of imaging.

Looking great for your first blast mate, looks like you have your setup running nicely.

If you are looking to get the trapezium stars in without burning out the core, you may well be better off taking a range of lower exposures to capture the stars then use layers in photoshop to bring them out without burning out the core so much.

Cracking image mate, jealous as hell lol, wish I could move home now and get someone less light polluted, seriously taking my heart out of imaging.

I was hoping to get some more data last night, but the mist was not shifting, well it had by 12.30 but i was long packed away by then, im going to take some 60 second just for the core next clear night, and try some 5 min subs to net the running man and more nebulosity.

Hopefully :)

Archived