NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first pic of Orion

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure... you might need an adapter or two... as for the green filter, I really don't know if that'll help with LP... not sure it will to be honest... The CLS clip filter is superb at removing street lights...

very true... but fitting the sw lpr filter to a lens is a right faff... and may cause vingetting too... it depends on what lenses you have mind... the clip filters don't work on EF-S lenses as the rear element sticks too far into the body of the camera.

OK. How though, would I get round this if my camera body was directly connected to the telescope as it would be using the space where the ep usually goes? :-\

Sorry, dumb question. I've just figured it out - get a 1.25" filter? lol *blush*

Thanks.

You haven't said how long your expose was but as you have a driven mount that you have polar aligned you can do longer exposures that may show some of the colour in the nebula. Forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

Hey Saturn5, that looks pretty good, but the colour seems to have disappeared slightly. I don't own a copy of photoshop, but I might have to buy a copy. Is the Orion nebula in the middle of those 3 vertical stars just above the house roof?

No problem Watcher. I was using my EQ1 mount and tripod without any tracking whatsoever. lol

Richard.

Hey Saturn5, that looks pretty good, but the colour seems to have disappeared slightly. I don't own a copy of photoshop, but I might have to buy a copy. Is the Orion nebula in the middle of those 3 vertical stars just above the house roof?

No problem Watcher. I was using my EQ1 mount and tripod without any tracking whatsoever. lol

Richard.

There's less colour because most of the orange light pollution has been removed.

Unfortunately yes, unless you can go to a darker site. It's still worth doing though and if you can aim at objects more overhead the impact of the light pollution should be reduced.

Do your local streetlights turn off automatically after a certain time? They do in my area to save money and obviously that may help you.

Archived