Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milkyway in Bavaria

Here is one I prepared earlier... Its just a single shot on a Canon 5D and the 17-40L @F4 30 seconds and iso1600 on a normal Manfrotto.

I am quite tempted to get myself an Astrotrack to do more of these kind of shots, I dont fancy getting the HEQ5 in and out of the boot each time when we go out for an evening wander...

Would this be a good investment or is there any equivalent alternatives? I dont want to by a cheapo thingy and be disappointed by the results then...

Anyhoo...

My bavarian Milkyway...

MC730.jpg

Diamonds in the sky. Awesome sight our galaxy, even this one segment of it. You got a fine capture here.

An Astrotrac is one of the great innovations in my book.

I don't own one, but I've seen what others have produced with one.

Ron.

Oh my... thanks so much for your kind comments! I know there is much to improve on my technique, but hey, its a start...

As you mention the connection between the earth and the sky... I have shot a 180° overhead panorama of the same scene. I dont dare showing it here, as I have doubled about a billion stars on it while stitching :eek::)

Anyhoo, I really cant wait to go back there on a clear night and give it another go...

Cheers again and have a good start into the new week...

Martina

Cracking shot.

I think an astrotrac would be a worth while investment. Im tempted to get one myself but fear I would end up using this more than my scope and mount, lol. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Am considering selling my Astrotrac, they are superb machines, I get 10 minute subs unguided from mine! Only selling mine now as my EQ6 Pro takes up all my time.

Drop me a pm if you are interested

Cheers

Kevin

Cheers Digz, poltabs & zipdrive! I am very pleased that this pic is so well liked :eek:

Thanks for your offer poltabs, I am afraid our new oak flooring in the living room has to come first. If you still have got it in a couple months time I gladly come back to your offer!

Archived