Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beat the VAT, man!

Well, I did it.

I ordered before the VAT increase and saved myself a whopping £28.75! Way-hay! Yah-boo-sucks Mr VAT-Man!

Of course I had to spend quite a bit to save myself that £28.75 but it all works out in my favour in the end. I hope...

Thanks for the advice Steve and Martin at FLO! :(

Ant

I guess this assumes that the retailers are going to pass the VAT rise straight onto the customer - I wonder if thats the way it's actually going to be :(

I make my VAT savings by rarely buying new !.

Indeed, Alan - very sound advice. Or I could spend it on sweeties... :(

John, it was a big buy. Flextube Auto 300P, shroud, Hotech collimator and Skywatcher autofocuser. A "complete" Big Dob kit that should keep me happy for a long time! :)

Am quite excited. (slight understatement there...)

Ant

Lol! Yes it does look quite a lot when it's down in print like that! I must update the sig. The TMB achro is sold and the 180 Mak will probably go to help make space for the Big Dob! I do try to not have too much "lying around" and treat it all as collaterol I suppose - trade this for that, sell to buy, etc.

I'm likely to keep the 8" Dob as well simply because I've invested so much time, effort, money and scope-love in it! :(

Ant

Archived