Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

-9° and falling

Well, it's -9°C in my obsy right now.

Are the freezing conditions likely to cause any damage to my equipment, i.e. the EQ6 mount or the scope, as they are permamently set up there?

More to the point, what about my kids' pet rabbits, who live permanently outdoors close to the obsy.

The wild rabbits are doing fine in my yard and it's got that cold here, if you can just cover them up as best you can. If your are really concerned find an old blanket and put it in their hutch, not sure what else you can do.

Don't know about your equipment though, hopefully it will be all ok.

It might have the added benefit of reducing your camera's thermal noise;). Do EQ6s use Synta glue for lubricant? My EQ5 felt a bit stiff the other night. I guess if the lub freezes it would put additional strain on the drive train when you operate the mount.

On the other hand, if I were you, I would take the bunnies inside just in case. I don't know what bunnies you have, if they are white fluffy polar rabbits they might be fine, but if they came from warmer habitat there is little reason to believe they will survive the cold. Wild rabbits dig burrows to shelter themselves, a cage may not offer the same level of protection. Put them in your bathroom if you are worried about hygiene.

Aye............a tad chilly in Paisley at the mo.

Didn't realise that the cold water storage tank decided to leak out some water last night onto my path at the side of the house. One reason being the fresh snowfall. You can guess what happened next...................ouch........

LOL

Andy.

Archived