Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horse, Flame and a question.

ollypenrice

Hi All,

This is the Ha data which Helen and I took. I combined it in Microsoft ICE to which Helen introduced me. (This is 2 panels in the big TEC refractor.) It needs more data to stand up at 100 percent. This is on my list!

Now then, Alnitak. This is a very artificial way of handling this damnable nuisance of a star. Don't feel you have to be polite, it is not everyone's way of doing things... But I wonder what you think?

Olly

1128504512_aejGk-X2.jpg

Never noticed till you pointed it out. I dont think it's bad at all, maybe you could do a little more feathering it back in but honestly, it's looking bad to you only because you know it's there.... if you know what I mean?

Get two of the same photos up in Photoshop. Feather and repair the original. Clone the star back from the other copy. That way it's a true star not a bodge.

All I can suggest for now. If you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed. Someone would :)

Dave.

You are all quite right. Pretty naff effort!!! Let's see what you think of this one. I really do want to try to keep the double star and let the eye stray more easily from Alnitak into what lies behind. Big thanks for the feedback.

Olly

1129157757_7m8Np-X2.jpg

That does look better imho, I think it's good to keep some of the diffraction pattern in; you have to concede that the star is significantly brighter than all the others. I can't help but notice its companion has moved a bit though... Which is true? :)

That does look better imho, I think it's good to keep some of the diffraction pattern in; you have to concede that the star is significantly brighter than all the others. I can't help but notice its companion has moved a bit though... Which is true? :)

Dang, you are right, it has moved! It must be an effect of the Pinch filter. I need to go back through the history.

Olly

Archived