Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 443 Jellyfish nebula HaHaRGB

MartinB

Posted the Ha recently and had hoped to combine with colour from my new M26C but this has a few issues so I've used the QSI to get some RGB. Shame because it would have been nice to have the extra FOV.

For the first time ever I set a focus offset for each filter in Maxim on the RGB run. My G and B filters are the same but the red is 10 steps out with my Robofocuser. Maxim makes the appropriate correction for each filter which means my blues are no longer bloated. Neat

Camera: QSI 532

Scope: Tak FSQ 106

Ha 13x20mins (Baader 7nm) R+G 17x150secs B 17x220 (Astronomic Type II)

Captured, calibrated, aligned and stacked in Maxim. Deconvolved in CCDStack and finished in PS with a little help from Star Spikes Pro.

post-12794-133877510063_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot guys. The big bright star is Propus Mag 3.3. I found it very tricky to deal with. The Baader 7nm Ha filter had some halos but the astronomic RGBs were fine. It gets really bloated in the stretch. You can reduce it but if you over do it it looks like a yellow blob of paint. I wanted to give a sense of it being bright and illuminating the scene without it being over blown and dominating, that was behind the decision to use the spikes. Any thoughts?

Hi Martin,

Really nice mix. I think the spikes look great, easy to over do it, you got it just right for my tastes. The Ha detail is also particularly impressive.

Very nice work,

Rusty.

Ps. Ive got the beginnings of a narrow-band Jelly mosaic. Let me know if you'd be interested in a collaboration.

Archived