Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33 Wide Field

Coco

Had 6 hours of clear skys last night... the only thing that stopped me from getting 9 hours was work today :D

So here we have M33 taken with a an ATIK 314L+ through a Sigma 100-300 Apo lens @ f/4 - wish i'd stopped it down to control the star bloat but its a learning curve for me..

R 30 x 4 mins

G 30 x 4 mins

B 30 x 4 mins

Lum is not added because it ruins the image.. or either that or I have not used pixinsight properly :)

Thanks for looking....

original.jpg

Hi

There does not seem to be a lot of colour info , therefore perhaps the Lum is to strong for the colour washing it out :D

Did you bin the colour ? if not you will not gain a lot doing a LRGB like this LRGB usually consists of unbinned lum and Binned RGB for speed :)

Harry

Hi

There does not seem to be a lot of colour info , therefore perhaps the Lum is to strong for the colour washing it out :D

Did you bin the colour ? if not you will not gain a lot doing a LRGB like this LRGB usually consists of unbinned lum and Binned RGB for speed :)

Harry

Hi Harry..

This is devoid of Lum... am going to have another go with the RGB .fits and see what happens... these are not binned beyond 1x1 ... it would be interesting what you can do with the files ;)

Hi

I did realise that there was no lum involved in your image , I was trying to say that putting in the lum into your RGB image may wash it out this being the reason you are struggling to include it :D

I can have a go if you wish , but I might fail to be any better than you as I do not see any bad errors :)

Harry

Hi

Here is my quick go :D

Not a lot better than yours , It is a RGB and does not include your lum as the Lum contains no more info than the rgb , so you either need to decide to get more lum and Binned RGB or just unbinned RGB

Also I think longer subs would help and of course more time ( Yes I know the STD answer)

Its all good stuff though and is really going in the right direction :)

Harry

post-16736-13387750988_thumb.jpg

Thanks harry and kind comments.... at least I know I can get half way there... just some more tweaking ..the subs are very short and probably the reason for the image not looking so 'deep'

Am I right in thinking you stretched it further and then used the ACDNR?

The galaxy looks superb to me Guy. I like your galaxy and Harry's star field.

I think your exposures might be too long!! If you are short of star colour the last thing you want to be doing is saturating them more. Your camera has very low read noise and you have a very fast set up. If you can measure your sky background 500 ADUs plus the bias offset level will be more than enough. Then just get more subs.

Archived