Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Optics ODK20

Came across this link on the OO Yahoo group about a customers visit to OO to see their ODK20 being built. Some great photos of the scope as well as the optics being made. I'm not sure weather to admire this 20" scope or just feel very, very jealous.:D

Click on "Toutes les News" on the left of the page and then on the first news item.

http://www.felopaul.com/

John

It's 20" and the regular version will be f/6.8. I believe that they're special order at the moment but will be added to OO's website early next year. The ODK16 is the biggest listed on OO's website at the moment. OO is also building two of the ODK20s of a slightly different spec optimised for infrared for the ESO and they'll be used at the Paranal Observatory in Chile.

I don't know what they'll sell for, but I'm sure it'll be way put of my price range. :D

John

Just heard that OO is now considering making an ODK24. I'll be interested to see if they go ahead with it but a bit academic really as there's no way I could afford the 20" version let alone a 24" one. :D

Still there's always the lottery I suppose. :D

John

Archived