NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

rain, drizzle, fog, cloud and light polution

Buzz Lightyear

The winter is traditionally "our" time of year. The air is colder and clearer so there's usually better seeing. We seem to have had the most clouds I can ever remember and I haven't been out now for just over a month. I'm getting withdrawl. :)

I've just checked the three week "guestimate" forecast and the general opinion is that a high pressure system over scandinavia will introduce cold, clear air over us.

So fingers crossed. :)

The winter is traditionally "our" time of year. The air is colder and clearer so there's usually better seeing. We seem to have had the most clouds I can ever remember and I haven't been out now for just over a month. I'm getting withdrawl. :)

I've just checked the three week "guestimate" forecast and the general opinion is that a high pressure system over scandinavia will introduce cold, clear air over us.

So fingers crossed. :)

Check out the headlines on Yahoo. It tells you exactly what that system from the north is going to bring.

I haven't been able to get the scope out at all since the 9th, even then no observing was done as I was imaging the ISS in the early evening and then it went cloudy.

Since then no hint of a clear sky, just more rain and cloud. Starting to get on my nerves a bit. Still it keeps the aperture fever away for a while :)

so i reckon the idea is to always carry your bino's and star map with you at all times in the event the clouds depart, thats what i am thinking of doing, i have an hours commute home and sometimes the conditions are amazing, dark skies and clear, but when i get home its cloudy.

Archived