Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Plough and Iron age roundhouse.

Hi,

I was observing with Hants Astro at their observing site at Butser Ancient Farm 4 miles south of Petersfield, Hampshire on Sunday night (24th Oct).

Its where they try to discover how ancient people built their houses and skills that have been lost or forgotten, Time Team have filmed there and the Discovery channel partly financed the building of a Roman villa so they could make a tv series about it.

The villa is a one third scale model, and in addition there have been several Iron age roundhouses built, plus rare ancient breeds of animals preserved such as sheep.

I took this image of the largest roundhouse with the plough rising above when there was a full moon above and behind. a single 30 sec exposure at ISO 800, F3.5 using my Canon 18/55 EF-S lens at 18mm

Hope you like it, it looks like broad daylight with the Moon looking so bright!

John

post-15189-133877497022_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the correction Demonperformer (now amended), and thanks for the kind comments everyone.

The picture was taken around 11pm, and I'm not sure of the light pollution source, I think its the main A3.

John

Archived