Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

lights out across essex

essex sky

good,morning

just heard on a local station that there is a plan to switch off

street lights in most area's of essex at mid night as from next april.

i diid hear a rumour a while back but this is the first time i have heard it broadcast.

i know a few area's where this is the case already but this sounds much more widespread.

i won't hold my breath though:rolleyes:

lance

Just wondering... should the lights go out at midnight in a large area, would the effect on the sky be immediate? Or would the sky gradually become darker, with more stars coming into view?

as far as i can make out it is most residential area's

will be lights out after midnight.

but as always you will get the doomsayers who think that by turning them of we will be returning to the dark ages.

lance

It might be an idea for those in Essex to write to their MP's supporting the idea and explaining its merits, as you can bet the doomsayers will be moaning to the same, and whoever makes the most noise usually gets listened to...

The Dark Sky Association website should have some ammo for you to reinforce the point :-)

Archived