Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Started my Observatory

paul11

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes please, if you coud pm me the measurments i would be gratefull, see if i can get something simular made up round here, is there a standard height for piers ?

my mount is a heq5 pro.

also where did you buy your rollers and channels from for the roof mechanism.

thanks Rob

Here are some more images I have now bolted the pier down and we also have a door and a floor. I’ve put in the wire for the sockets but I have run out of 1mm for the lighting, when I pick some up and fit it I will board the walls. I can’t help but notice that as I near completion the weather is getting worse lol,,,Paul.

post-15572-133877496323_thumb.jpg

post-15572-133877496329_thumb.jpg

post-15572-133877496335_thumb.jpg

Excellent job. Great amount of space too.

What type of cabling are you using to get power to the obs Paul?

I have a T&E cable that goes under the obsy that feeds the garage, i have pulled it inside and i will run a spur for the sockets and a seperate one for the lighting.

Not long now, Paul:hello2:

You will be viewing & imaging before you know it.

With the room you have in your obs,when are you holding your first star party??...:)

Wayne

i will have a think about that,i've never had a star party.

one question about the inside boarding. Is this necessary or is it more to look nice?

I was planning on only boarding the warm room and not the scope room to save some money. Does the boarding still keep a bit of wind away?

one question about the inside boarding. Is this necessary or is it more to look nice?

I was planning on only boarding the warm room and not the scope room to save some money. Does the boarding still keep a bit of wind away?

Mine was for cosmetic reasons only,mainly to hide all the electric wiring.

Wayne

The main reasons were for strength and security, when you screw ply to the inside it makes the whole structure so much more solid. You can push on the corners of the shed as hard as you like and it will not move a single mm, and it hides the wires.

Here are some more images I have now bolted the pier down and we also have a door and a floor. I’ve put in the wire for the sockets but I have run out of 1mm for the lighting, when I pick some up and fit it I will board the walls. I can’t help but notice that as I near completion the weather is getting worse lol,,,Paul.

Paul,

Is the pier bolted straight onto the concrete?

If so, I would suggest that a piece of thin rubber matting be used in between to act as a damper... else it may resonate... That was what was suggested to me by someone who has supplied a large number of piers.

/end of penneth worth

Phil

p.s. looking GREAT!

Archived