NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lonely hearts !

What would be a good partner for my existing scope. Looking for something that will be very good for planets and lunar, especially want to be able to get full image shots of the moon if poss, can take my (soon to be modded cam) but, theres always a but, wont cost me a fortune and is a bit more transportable.

Cheers

Chubster

What, say an f/12 Gaz?

Yep, the model Steve has posted. You can't get a better portable lunar/planetary scope for the money IMHO. Now if you want more of an arounder (ie. imaging, widefield) then the EDs come into play, but for moon and planets the 127 Maks are great.

BTW sorry for the terse answer last night, I was in work, actually had to do a bit and forgot to expand on my opinion. :D

It's a fair price (dent notwithstanding), at a push an EQ2 would do but really it needs a EQ3/2. ED80s are big 80mm scopes as they use the same 100mm bodies as the ED100.

They are good scopes but 80mm is still only 80mm, you'll only get so much lunar/ planetary detail out of them and even a 4mm eyepiece only gives you x150.

Archived