Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trouble finding a group/society?

tko1502

Ok so iv searched the brilliant world wide web and was a little shocked at how few they are clubs in the north or what I class north! (Sheffield/Rotherham), iv manage to find a club that I can APPLY to join! Which is £200 for the year but you can pay quarterly starting at £80 from April to June, then £60 July to sept, then £40 oct to dec, and £20 jan to march! Which I was really taken back by! Is they any other meets around this area or clubs? Anything would help thanks

Ps I have had an invite by Brantuk to come and join him some time down in the midlands which is great and I will take him up on that at some point but would really like something clOder to start with.

Hi tko i think there are quite a few of us from around south yorkshire, couldnt we arrange a social meet somewhere to get to know everyone and then try a find a good spot to meet up for star gazing?

Sounds Good to us.

OK How many of us are interested?

Are we talking Weekend Camping Meet?

or Saturday Evenings only?

We are going to check a Site out we have found,

About 6 miles out of Sheffield.

its a camp site,in the middle of No Where.

but will need to let them know our intentions.

its ok saying yes theres 12 of us

then just 2 turn up.:(

Maybe we could all meet in a pub first.

have a chat,get idea's.

What Pub.and when?

First one in the Pub gets the Drinks in.;)

Lets Try and Make This Happen :icon_salut:

Sounds good just what i was thinking. I would definately be up for a saturday night and possibly camping if it takes off. I think a meet in a pub first to get to know each other would be great. If you have a good site in mind even better. What about a pub near meadowhall, its just off the motorway so easily accessible?

Ok peoples! I'm really getting the itch! But can I ask how old do some of you range from? I'm 24 feeling 44 though! I wouldn't have said star gazing was a young persons hobby in my honest opinion! But hey I'm trying to do it!! Also I prob could make some nights but could camp as iv got a new born baby and I just couldn't leave the fiancé on her own! Also I'd say Sheffield is more central in south Yorkshire!

Ok so because iv never attended one of these stargazing paties! Or gatherings, what are the essentials? Iv seen someone that a toilet and refreshments are a start, and somewhere were it's pitch black with limited lighting! Being an ex military person I'm used to sleeping just under the stars and going to the toilet when needed, also have my own cooking essentials! So I'm just getting a feel for what everyone would like?

Archived