NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which filter for which planet?

quoted from S and T website:

'Wratten 82A (light blue), 80A (medium blue), or 38A (blue). Red filters such as Wratten 21 (orange-red), 23 (light red), and 25 (red) can be used to enhance bluish features, such as the projections and festoons often found on the southern edge of the North Equatorial Belt'

Eddy

PS > Someone may correct me :blob10:

Here are some very nice primers:

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/38541-primer-planetary-filters-guide.html

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/84192-primer-understanding-choosing-filters-visual-use.html

If I may add my personal opinion, I don't like color filters that much. They give you false color although some details become more visible.

I agree with Paulo - and some good links above

I keep buying filters every now and again from Astroboot to make the numbers up but in truth I hate the view through them when I use them and feel the unfiltered view always shows the features anyway. I suppose you could use them to see where the features are and then follow up with an unfiltered view.

I agree with Paulo - and some good links above

I keep buying filters every now and again from Astroboot to make the numbers up but in truth I hate the view through them when I use them and feel the unfiltered view always shows the features anyway. I suppose you could use them to see where the features are and then follow up with an unfiltered view.

I am with you on this: I find filters a hassle to use, and except for my LPR filter, I find they detract from my viewing experience. I have never tried the Baader Neodymium filter, so maybe I should give that a shot.

I am with you on this: I find filters a hassle to use, and except for my LPR filter, I find they detract from my viewing experience. I have never tried the Baader Neodymium filter, so maybe I should give that a shot.

re the Baader - me neither and me too!

Archived