Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

12" Dobs on Ebay

Dons255

Ok, this is probably going to be a stupid question, but is there any reason somebody couldn't buy two of these and treat them like a very large pair of binoculars?

Ok, so some sort of adpator would be needed, and a lot of space and fiddling about to get them properly lined up... but doable?

The possible David Lukehurst one looks good I think you could get it re-silvered for around £120 ish at that Galvoptics place. All in all it would be cheaper than a brand new 10" skyliner. I have to admit if it's made of wood I'd probably give it a miss though........hhmmm of maybe not :o

Ok, this is probably going to be a stupid question, but is there any reason somebody couldn't buy two of these and treat them like a very large pair of binoculars?

Ok, so some sort of adpator would be needed, and a lot of space and fiddling about to get them properly lined up... but doable?

Getting the optical paths close enough (the width of your eyes apart) but 'away from' the tubes so you can physically get your head in position would be very tricky ....transfer lenses, perhaps?

Like to see someone have a go, though.

John

Having said that, mebbe both... avoid resilvering the mirrors for the time being by scavenging from the wood one.

Why didn't anyone warn me how expensive these hobbies (photography's the other one) get way back when??? :o

Archived