Newcomer, St Albans

Stargazer74

Hi Everyone -I'm a beginner in this field so I apologise now for all the questions I may ask going forward. Have lots of books to read and have a Sky Watcher ALT AZ (was advised it was good for learners)

Look forward to speaking to you all going forward.

;)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Everyone is and always will be a beginner as you can never know it all as 'all' of it keeps changing, though to be honest, some know a little more than others. ;):D

Keep reading the books and 'get out there' as much as possible as that's where the real learning takes place. There is a search button at the top of the welcome screen that will allow you to explore past questions and the responses that were given and will help you build confidence when asking your next question.

Wishing you clear skies for observing with your new kit!

James

Hi and welcome to the forum

I am a newbie too. I have just got a scope but tonight may be my first opportunity to look at a star through it. Just to let you know you aren't alone out there ;)

I'm hoping to go to a local group's star party next weekend. It sounds like it's going to be the place to get lots of advice and help :mad:

Hello stargazer74,

I was wondering if you have been out on any excursion, im not to far from St. Albans my self. I am actually from Cheshunt. Im pretty new to this, but very interested and keen to learn. I want to try and join a group/party near to me, are you in one? or know of any? or do you go out with people to view?

Best wishes,

Happy Gazing

Di Vita

Archived