Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ha is quite good isn't it....

MickD

Hmmm OK this isn’t too bad. Currently having a play with new Ha filter. Attached to ATIK 16IC looking at Crescent Neb, single 5 min sub – only curves processed – I’ll post final image when it’s done. Only tried Ha cos not done any imaging for ages and Moon is up again tonight.

Mick

post-18714-133877475318_thumb.jpg

It’s an Astronomik 12nm. Think it was about £100

Got lots more subs – will post result when stacked and processed.

Off camping for the weekend now….Hope the weather holds up.

Mick

Outstanding for 5 mins. If you can get the guiding to behave Ha thrives on long subs. I was bashing away at the Heart on 15 mins a throw the other night.

Ha is THE filter, as you imply. It pulls out a glory of structural detail in nebulae and gives incredible resolution. Also you don't need a highly corrected apo to get a result, a basic semi apo is fine.

Olly

Ok – final image attached.

ATIK 16IC with Astronomik 12nm Ha filter on a WO Megrez 72

2.5 hours in 5 min & 7 min subs over two days (when the moon was up)

Guided with PHD & EQMOD on an EQ6 Pro

Dark-framed, aligned & stacked in Nebulosity, curves, levels & tweaked in Photoshop.

I was lazy and didn’t re-frame correctly when it passed over the meridian; as such I had to crop a lot of the edges from the image ….

Now I know Ha works well I will have to setup a list of “moon night” targets.

Mick

post-18714-133877477701_thumb.jpg

Wow that is fantastic!!! Ha looks very interesting indeed. I just checked out the cost for the EOS CLS Clip version £150.00. Has anyone tried doing any Ha using a 1000d??

Well done Mick. I am just about to blow this months expenses..lol

Acme

Archived