Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron cpc1100 option

Hi folks,

After much consideration I have decided to buy a CPC 1100 from Opticstar. http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Telescopes-Celestron.asp?p=0_10_1_8_30

Opticstar currently have an offer on at the moment whereby you can choose one of several options to go with the scope. I am undecided whether to go for the 'Opticstar PL-131C C.A. 1.3MP video camera (Planetary, Lunar & Solar)' or the ' F6.3 Focal Reducer'. At the moment I'm not into imaging but may like to have a dabble in the future, so the camera sounds quite nice, but I'm not sure whether I would get more use from a Focal Reducer. Could anyone tell me what are the benefits of a Reducer. Are they OK for visual or are they more for imaging?

Thanks folks

Regards

john

I have the Celestron 9.25" nextstar gps and have the f6.3 reducer. It can be used both for visual and photography. To me it is like having two scopes - a wider field of view with the reducer. I wouldn't be without it. It is still a difficult call though!

Dave

• 5 months later...

HI just bought one myself last week only one clear night so far but as for visual its as good if not better than the 10" meade rcx I once had it seems better built than the meade's of a similar spec , also added a feather touch focuser which work very well on it how do you find yours as this is a older post

Archived