NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I think i'm getting old OR

LukeSkywatcher

I am just out of practice. I have been out observing,imaging for the last 2 nights (11pm-1am both nights). Today i am completely and utterly SHATTERED.

Its not as if 1am in the morning is a late night for me. On any given night i dont go to bed til about 3-4am and up at 10am. The thing that has me shattered is the fact that the last 2 nights have been the first 2 nights that i have been able to do anything astro related in months because of the damn clouds. I'm on such a high when i get into bed and adrenalin is surging through my body that my brain is having a party thinking back over the nights events etc. So i am not getting to sleep until about 6am.

I am not complaining though. The last 2 nights (and tonight could be the third) has really set my passion for astronomy alight once again, just at the right time. I was soo depressed that i considered selling up all my gear (I NEVER REALLY WOULD THOUGH).

For the first time in a long time, i once again feel ALIVE. Astronomy is really the only thing i do as a "hobby". Sure family and friends are important and spending time with them is GREAT. But when all you can really think about is getting out under the night sky but you cant..............it tends to give you a very BAD case of cabin fever.

I am off to Lanzarote on saturday (have i mentioned that fact anywhere else on SGL?.................LOL).

I am so looking forward to it. I should come back as a new man. Hopefully a whole week of clear dark(er) skies.

It is truely amazing what a clear night or two can do for the average astronomers mind,body and soul. Its a bit like Red Bull..................it gives you wings.

Thanks for reading. I just wanted to share my mindset with you all because i am sure most of you are feeling the very same.

Mods if you deem this post to be more suited for the Lounge, please feel free to move but i think it serves its purpose right here.

Paul.

I was soo depressed that i considered selling up all my gear (I NEVER REALLY WOULD THOUGH).

I'm glad to hear that you wouldn't sell your gear - I read your post and felt quite down, though I understood totally.

I get pretty tired after a single session and I think it's because it is so exciting. I can't sleep afterwards so I do some processing of images, reorganise my equipment cases (sad I know) even though I should be sleeping. :p

I love this "hobby" although I think it's really a way of life.

Clear skies Paul.

Have fun on holiday.

Mark

Still very much in the doldrums here in Norfolk, havent had a good viewing/ imaging session for what seems an age.

Reading Lukes post has lifted my spirits somewhat, makes it more exciting when the clouds finally clear.........tonight maybe?

Paul

I feel your frustration. I haven't had a clear night since my equipment was damaged months ago.

It keeps teasing me with clear skies either side of my house but I feel my house is forcing the warm air up just enough to condense above my head (and scope)

What a hobby!

Bry

Archived