NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Perfect conditions- double cluster with naked eye

richbyers

Perfect conditions last night, seen m31 with naked eye, then a smudge a bit to the west in perseus- checked it out and it was the double cluster so that was a first- didnt think that was even possible.

I could see the Milky Way band more clearly than ever.

Also seen my 1st perseid

rich

Sounds like one of those rare highly transparent nights. It's fantastic when you can pick out things like M31 and the Double with the naked eye. You know the sky is good. I had one of those nights last week. Could actually see some of the detail in the Milkyway through Cygnus, normally can only see it from our dark site.

its prettty low actually, i live in a rural area and dont have any over looking houses, the only thing is a couple of ABSOLUTELY pointless street lights near the front garden, but if i go round the back its almost perfect

rich

I used to live in an area where the Milky Way, double cluster and M31 are naked eye. Lucky my parents still live there so I can go and visit. Other than that I have to wait for Kielder for those skies. The Moon's naked eye in Dudley - but only when it's full!

Archived