Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy Magazine

iamjulian

A big well done to the American title, 'Astronomy' magazine. Their current "Atlas of the Stars" edition is really good, but I discovered it had a printing error, where about a quarter of the star maps had been double printed, leading to blurred vision effect - not good for a map full of dots! I filled in their contact form to let them know, in case they weren't aware. Received an immediate apology and a new error free copy was mailed from The States to my door within a week.

Great customer service. Great maps too.

Another thumbs up for "Atlas of the Stars". Really good buy, nice maps and nicely laid out.

Astronomy was by far and away my favourite in the eighties. But I too drifted away from Astronomy in the mid nighties. I thought it went off the boil for quite a while. And at one point it seemed to be down to only a couple of pages and no material of interest. Only really started getting it again in the last two years.

Customer service is something that we Brits could learn from the Yanks, they do not mess about, if something is incorrect or broken they will put it right pronto.

I assume that's because they would otherwise get sued immediately for ridiculous amounts of money. ;-)

It was in my local WH Smiths a week or so ago, but does not seem to be there now - so possibly been dropped as being 'out of date'. WH Smith are not very clever when it comes to these sort of specials....

/callump

Archived