Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Friday 9pm on National Geographic

LukeSkywatcher

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asteroid That Hit Earth

New. Experts study remnants of the truck-sized asteroid that crashed into the Nubian Desert in Sudan in 2009, in a bid to prevent a potentially catastrophic collision from occuring again.

Sky+'ed, nice one

Thanks Paul, finally logged onto the Sky website and set a remote record as Mrs F is watching some **** ATM.

Dosnt it drive you bonkers, I keep telling my wife if she wants to keep watching **** on the telly I'm sure the toilet would be just as entertaining.

Thanks for the heads up though Paul, will deffo give that a go.

Thanks Paul, finally logged onto the Sky website and set a remote record as Mrs F is watching some **** ATM.

Haha, I feel your pain as I'm sitting through Four Weddings US

Haha, I feel your pain as I'm sitting through Four Weddings US

I just been sat outside having a beer and a smoke whilst watching the garden being watered, far more interesting!!!!

I have NTL (Chorus) Digital+

It drives me blumming bonkers.

If i set it to record ANYTHING it will either start recording 2 mins early or 2 mins late..........so i miss the first 2 mins of anything or the last 2 mins of anything.

My nephew told me that he has Sky+ at home but its **** because if it rains (as it does here in Ireland OFTEN) the service is ****.

I am lost as to what is the ideal digital system. I think i have picked the best of a bad bunch. The market for digital tv needs to be blown WIDE OPEN.

;)

You have to log onto the website?

Surely you can set it on the tv remote?

Ahhh, Paul my friend, what bit of "my wife is currently watching some ****" didn't you understand :eek: far easier to sort it from my computer room without her knowing and interrupting her viewing, of course its bound to clash with a recording of neighbours or some other ****.

Just saw your other post so you are probably unaware, with Sky I can set the remote record over the web if I am not at home, or even over an Ipod touch/Iphone so no need to even be near teh remote to set it up, and if I don't do it straight away I will forget

Dosnt it drive you bonkers, I keep telling my wife if she wants to keep watching **** on the telly I'm sure the toilet would be just as entertaining.

Thanks for the heads up though Paul, will deffo give that a go.

I have multi room viewing set up in my house. If i am watching one show on one tv in one room then whoever wants to watch something else can do so in another room.

I only have the Digital+ system set up in one room though................the rest of the people can watch what they want anywhere in the house but they cant record,pause,rewind live tv.

It IS an amazing service. For only 5 euro extra a month i can record upto 80 hrs of tv,pause live tv,rewind etc.

;)

Ahhh, Paul my friend, what bit of "my wife is currently watching some ****" didn't you understand :eek: far easier to sort it from my computer room without her knowing and interrupting her viewing, of course its bound to clash with a recording of neighbours or some other ****.

Just saw your other post so you are probably unaware, with Sky I can set the remote record over the web if I am not at home, or even over an Ipod touch/Iphone so no need to even be near teh remote to set it up, and if I don't do it straight away I will forget

Ah ok if you set it when the wifey is watching tv she will be angry.........so its GOOD that you can even do that remotely..

The system here in Ireland is primative...............the red button does not do ANYTHING unless i am watching Euro News.

Digital tv in Ireland is about 10 yrs behind but we will catch up with you at some stage.

Paul,

Please don't catch up, I have had two holidays in Eire and loved it, pace of life and people are both fantastic, you have a good life in that respect. I would only say that the French in certain areas are even more laid back and only the weather there would make me want to live there rather than the Emerald Isle, and its only the Emerald Isle 'cos it rains so much :eek:

I use a Freesat Media Center extended via 360's 1TB storage expandable.

Im going to upgrade it in the next few months to triple Tuner so we can record and watch on multiple systems.

As for subscription TV, you can stick that where the monkey shoves his nuts!

caught up with this last night, was a good programme but a terrifying thought struck me while watching.

The 1st sighting was recorded then banded around between a couple of world leading experts and with just 12 HOURS before impact they still had no idea of size and NO warning issued to people in the predicted impact area. Simply not fast enough, made me realise that if the big one is coming and its spotted with the same kind of system we will have no time to react.

Just imagine if it had been a significant size, Sudan would have been in for a shock as only the guy in the University knew about it.

Our impact response system needs seriously tightening up!

I know same thought came to my mind... There are probably so many things that happen today that we just dont know and dont hear about, because they 'DONT WANT US TO PANIC!'

Surely that should be our choice? that could have been a devastating impact and we would have all been in the dark about it !

I know same thought came to my mind... There are probably so many things that happen today that we just dont know and dont hear about, because they 'DONT WANT US TO PANIC!'

Surely that should be our choice? that could have been a devastating impact and we would have all been in the dark about it !

Yeah they dont want wide spread panic. Thats why they covered up Roswell and the fact that they recovered alien beings.

The truth is out there.

Archived